Tuesday 6 May 2014

So It's May.

Hey Guys!

So I said I would come back with an update in May.  I'm coming with not so good news.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was medevac'd from Mongolia.  Well, after I was medevac'd,  I was also medically separated.  Thus,  I will not be returning (or not any time soon).  Although I was disappointed at first,  I am now making the most of my time back.  I've started applying for jobs and internships and studying for LSATs (hopefully I can start Fall 2015?).  I had a great experience in Mongolia while it lasted and I will carry the skills I learned there throughout life.  They say everything happens for a reason, right?

Anyway.  I'm considering continuing this blog as a "Life after the Corps" blog.  Any inputs?  Also, if anyone has questions about any part of the process, feel free leave a comment with your email address and I'll send an email.

Thanks for taking this journey with me!

4 comments:

  1. hey girl! oh wow i had no idea you were medically separated from your service! :( I hope everythings ok! So if you go back in a few months, do you complete your service in Mongolia or go somewhere else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh by the way, I start my service in 49 days!!!! :D
    I got invited to serve in Ethiopia and I leave June 30th haha
    I deleted my old blog, but feel free to check out my new one!
    http://ashley-quarles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I go back to Mongolia, I would be there for longer, i think. I could go to another country though. Who knows what will happen next though! And Congrats!! Thats a month and a half! Are you ready to go?Have you done everything you would miss from home in the next 2 years? And I'll go over and check out your blog!

      Delete
    2. haha aww thanks :)
      yeah im kinda freaking out XD 25 days away from staging now. I have been eating a ton and doing a lot of things, i feel like i gained weight from all the food lol
      im excited but nervous and freaking out about packing :/
      are u hoping to return to mongolia?? or would u prefer another location?

      Delete