Saturday 6 July 2013

Picture Post!

Hey Guys!

So I'm sorry I'm late with the post this week!  This week has been pretty slow.  I went to Darkhan for mid-center days (soooo many sessions) and now I'm back home.  It was great to see the whole group again, but it did get old pretty quickly.  I now see what the older volunteers mean when they say it's cool to visit the city but even better when you get back to your small city.  

In random news:  
1.  I got a big ol bottle of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) for Zelda and 2 big bottles of conditioner....Zelda WILL submit.
2.  My youngest sister had a breakdown last night (woke up crying in the middle of the night) because she missed our mom.  It was sad for me because it reminded me of something my brother (actual brother back home) would do.  I spent about an hour calming her down and rubbing her back...all while thinking about my bro.

Since this week has been so slow, I decided to share some pics of you guys from my first month.

Love Ya'll and Enjoy!!
The Airport on the night we arrived.


Our ger camp from the mountain behind it


Ulaanbaatar....Right in the square.  Check me out!


My host family and some of the other volunteers with their families (my mom is the one to the right of me...guess which one I am!)


Me cutting the girl next door's hair during a hair cutting ceremony....i was kind of nervous cutting a random person's hair.  That's my youngest sister next to me.


Me with my older (but still younger than me) sister.  There goes Sukhbaatar in the back.


The mountain right behind my host community.  I hiked up it...in Toms.  Boss life!


6 comments:

  1. You are very pretty and it doesn't have to be slow to share pictures! Your host family seems fond of you. Good luck with Zelda this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll try to post more. And the host family experience is definitely a great experience. I learn soo much! I hope Zelda complies this week!

      Delete
  2. LOVE the photos! It's exciting reading about your experience and can't believe you've been there this long! (okay it's not THAT long but still). It makes me excited about my PC journey soon. :D Veloma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't believe it's been a month!! Where are you going?

      Delete
  3. the legend of zelda....can i ship u castor oil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes....yes you may! lol. send me a patty too! (but actually...that castor oil would be gold)

      Delete