Thursday 27 June 2013

I Can't Believe It!

So it's been a month since I left home (not since I've been in Mongolia...that's tomorrow)!  I can't believe how quickly it went.  I guess this foreshadows how quickly these 2 years will go.  When I pointed out that it's been a month, a friend told me that someone told her "the days are long, but the weeks are short".   You wouldn't believe how true those words are! But I'm glad I'm on this adventure.

Since we last spoke, I've had 3 more micro-teaching sessions.  Each time I think I got a little better.  Once we figured out the levels of our students, it was much easier to prepare lessons for them.  Each time I left the class, I felt renewed as my students left with big smiles and their notebooks in hand.  Despite the fact that I'm absolutely terrified of evaluations, I can't imagine a more fulfilling way to spend 2 years.

Now for language?  Stilll struggling.  But I know so much considering I've only been studying this language for 3 weeks.  I just wish I was fluent enough to hold a solid conversation with my family members.  When I get to that point, then I will feel much more accomplished.

My week has been pretty chill.  That's all I have to tell you guys.  I listen to music, hang with family, hang with my fellow PCTs and fight Zelda (this week I've been spending a couple hours each day to twist her...i started Monday and I'm still working on finishing it up).  I'll be back next week (from Darkhan!) to update you guys!

Much Love!!

4 comments:

  1. glad to hear things are good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. Hope you don't mind comments on your post. I had no idea people named their hairs and you chose a really kewl name for your hair... Zelda. I think the PC decision was a great one by you and I really am jealous of your experience, travels, and your ger (those things look kewl). Hope you remain safe, and have a blessed trip. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I'm just one of those strange people that gave my hair a name. lol. It has it's own personality so it was fitting. I hope my posts continue to hold your attention. Feel free to post at any time

      Delete