Thursday 3 October 2013

4 months? Already?!?!

So I've been in Mongolia for 4 months now.  I seriously can't believe it!!!  It feels like I was just in DC wondering what on earth was to come.  And now I've been here for 4 MONTHS!!!  And in addition to that,  I realized that this past Saturday marked 1 year since I sent in my Peace Corps Application.  It seems like such a short time, but when I was in the process, it felt like FOREVER!  This week seemed to just have been the week of shocking realizations.

Speaking of this week, nothing too spectacular happened since I last wrote.  I had a Lorre weekend (which was quite phenomenal other than the all day power outage on Sunday).  I rested, cleaned, and just had great alone time.

On Tuesday I got a package from back home.  It was like Christmas!!!  I was so excited.  I got socks (I somehow managed to only pack a few to come here) and spices/seasoning.  I'm sure I'm going to find so many new uses for most of the spices I got (who would've thought I would be so excited about spices???).

I also sent my first piece of mail to the states.  It was definitely a pretty penny (it was about $30 USD for a 1 pound box)!!  I totally didn't expect it.  But now I know.

Outside of that, nothing much happened this week.  I'm getting into the groove of things and it's pretty much routine now.  I did take a great picture on Saturday (it's now my desktop background) so I'll share that with you guys!

Ta ta for now!!


3 comments:

  1. Great picture, Lorre! Love the colors. I kind of want to steal it and use it as mine..lol. But I won't. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's girl! You should've seen how it looked in person!! I walked outside and was like omg! I have to take a picture!

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous that you had a Lorre weekend with alone time. I've been yearning for that dearly. Great post, I enjoy reading all of them.

    ReplyDelete