Saturday 20 April 2013

The Saga Continues...

I'm here over a week later and although some of it has worked itself out (they received my x-rays and they took off the task for the eyeglass prescription),  I have yet to get results for my urinalysis.  I think I've thoroughly ANNOYED my doctor and the office.  I've contacted them a few times to get the results, and I haven't gotten them...and they're due like YESTERDAY(not literally...but they need them ASAP).  My nerves are through the roof!  I called the office yesterday and the person at the front desk said she would call me today after she talked to my doctor.  Did she call?  Not at all.  And when I called?  The message said the office was closed.  I can't believe it's causing this much strife just to get these results (apparently they were on my information, but more information is needed for it to be complete).  I just need this to all be over.

On a more positive note,  on Thursday I went to a Peace Corps events (info fair/ recognition for applicants, nominees, and invitees).  It was pretty cool.  It was the least formal PC event I've been to so far (although some people were dressed up, the event was a standing event mainly focused on the tables representing the regions). My interviewer was there and I JUST realized that he also went to Mongolia!  I don't know how I managed to forget that (I guess in all the madness, my brain missed it).  I also met a lot of great people who went to other countries.  Inside the main event they had all the invitees introduce themselves to the people at the event.  I met someone else who is also going to Mongolia!  It was cool because I didn't think there would be any one else from NY.  I also went to the Mongolia table where I met an RPCV who got back last summer.  I questioned her for a while and she gave me some great advice and information.  It made me even more excited to go (like I wasn't excited enough to begin with).  It was a great event and also, the invitees got little PC reusable bags with a luggage tag and a book discussing the experiences of different volunteers.

Now all I can hope is that everything works itself out so that I can make it!  Til next time!!


2 comments:

  1. Im so happy that some of ur tasks are getting completed/fixed. Now hopefully the rest will fall into place :)

    hey how did yo hear about such an event? i would love to go to a PC event like that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. This back and forth is going to be the death of me! Especially with just 39 days left. I heard about the event through the regional office. I get emails for all their events in NYC. maybe one is coming soon in your area!

      Delete