Tuesday 9 April 2013

Because my life is eternally run by Murphy's law...

They say "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong".  And being the pot of gold, lucky elf I am, my life revolves around this.  What happened you ask?  After being excited that I FINALLY got all my required forms in, I get a message saying:

1. My urinalysis results are missing.
2. The dental records I mailed in about 3 weeks ago, haven't gotten in....
3. My doctor accidentally checked that my corrected vision is 20/20 (I've never worn glasses or had to do anything to correct my vision) and they need the eyeglasses prescription form filled out.
4. It would be better if my immunization records were on a WHO immunization card instead of the sheet my doctor's office uses.

This would be all well and good if:

1.  I didn't have 50 days left before my departure date.
2.  My doctor's office responded quickly when I asked for things.
3.  I could just easily get a new copy of those dental x-rays.

I'm BEYOND frustrated right now.  I feel like crying because I'm scared that my departure will get canceled because of this.  There I was thinking it would be smooth sailing from here on out.  Why do these things happen to me?

2 comments:

  1. Im so sorry to hear this. I cant imagine how frustrating this all must be. Just keep ur head up, do what you have to do and push through it and hopefully it will all turn out ok. Hopefully they wont have to change ur departure date, that ull get everyting in on time, 50 days is still about 2months, maybe u can make it work. But just know that either way u are about to experience something amazing and become a Peace Corps Volunteer, no matter where you serve. Its going to happen for you. i hope everyting goes ok and that you keep ur departure date and head off to mongolia. keep writing and know im wishing u the best!

    ReplyDelete