Thursday 2 May 2013

It's May!

I leave in 26 days......26!!!!  I still can't believe it.  I called the PC Travel Agency and got my flight booked for staging in DC.  I also finished my orientation on the New Hire Portal(apparently I didn't do it...oops).  Now that that's all settled, I have to 

1.  Start Shopping
2.  Start Packing
3.  Get my loan info finalized.

I don't think it's quite hit me yet that I'm leaving.  Although the number of days are decreasing, I don't think it will hit me until I'm on the plane.  I AM, however, getting a little nervous though.  I feel like there is so much I need to get done, and so little time to do it.  Except, instead of getting it done, I keep having stuff to do (AKA keeping busy with the now, but also preventing my mind from realizing the urgency of my situation).  

Also, as a natural haired woman, I hadn't put enough thought into what to do about caring for my hair...that is until this week!  I sat and realized what am I going to do if I can't find products that will be kind to my hair?  How will I find my oils?  Conditioners?  I can't pack all my natural hair products?  Will my hair react well to the "typical", more drying products that will likely be available?  I sorted through my products and decided I will leave the full sized products behind.  I, however, have lots of sample sized products that I will carry with me.  I know that with the thickness of my hair though,  I will be lucky if that lasts a month.

There is so much for me to figure out within the next 26 days between shopping, figuring out my hair struggles, and finalizing my life in the states.  I hope I can push myself through it all!

Much <3!!

3 comments:

  1. goodluck with all that!! and yeah the struggle is real with the natural hair issue lol

    maybe braids, or some sort of weave or something will be good for the first few months just so u can get accustomed to things and that way while ur settling in you wont have the added stress of ur hair to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your blog! I can relate to the natural hair bit. I stayed in Tanzania for 4 months and had the same issue but I found some friends that could braid which helped a lot. LOL on days when I was having a bad hair day scarfs came in handy. Anyways good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope that I can find a way to keep my hair in shape (braiding place, etc). If not, I may just have to cut it and hope for the best!

      Delete